Some Problems, Left Untouched, Could Lead to Replacement
You might hear the phrase, “there are a number of things that clog up your drains” quite often. But, do you know what those “number of things” actually are? Well, you’re about to find out!
Top 10 Reasons for Drain Clogs
- Outdoor debris: Things like mud, clay, grass, and leaves can get washed into your drain line and cause it to become blocked.
- Collapsed sewer line: If this is the reasons for your backup, you’ll know it! Sewer line troubles typically result it multiple fixtures clogging up in the home.
- Incorrectly connected piping: There are some types of stoppages you can try to avoid, but this one you could never predict. If the piping was not correctly installed in the beginning, you could have problems down the line.
- Failure to maintain municipal sewer lines: Even the most careful person couldn’t prevent this from happening. Sometimes, the municipal government doesn’t maintain the sewer lines and your home’s drains have to pay for it.
- Line breakages: Watch for a bunch of debris piling up to know if this is the problem you are having.
- Unauthorized items being flushed down the toilet: Toothbrushes, feminine hygiene products, children’s toys and the like do not belong in the toilet drain. They can easily get stuck and clog it right up!
- Grease: Believe it or not, grease is one of the worst culprits of clogged drains. And it’s found in almost everything you throw down your kitchen drain. Now that you know, just be wary of what you ask your garbage disposal to grind up.
- Tree roots: These can actually get so bad that they will result in you needing to replace your main line. Don’t let it get to that point! If you think you have a main sewer line clog, it’s important you call Essig immediately so we can clear out those roots with our water jetting equipment and have everything working normally again in no time.
- Inappropriate items put into your garbage disposal: As mentioned above, not everything can be put down your disposal. It may look like a food-eating machine, but there are certain foods – potato skins, stringy and starchy vegetables, for example – that will cause it to clog, or even break.
- Sagging sewer lines: You’ll have slow drains across your home, as this problem hinders the natural flow of your drain lines.
Whether it’s tree roots or a broken sewer line, Essig will be there to fix it! Call us today!