Which one is right for you?
Whether you are in the early stages of water heater replacement, or are in desperate need to find one right away, having the knowledge of different manufacturers is really important. There may be certain benefits and features that you’re looking for that can help you narrow down which brand you want in your home. This list should help you:
- Bradford White: Whether you want a tankless, natural gas, propane, electric, or oil water heater Bradford White makes them all. Bradford White has been in business since 1881 and is one of the most technologically advanced manufacturers of water heating, space heating, and combination heating.
- State: State has over 500 water heater products including residential electric, residential gas, storage tanks, tankless, and more. Having been around since 1946, State has been a leader in the water heating industry through continuous commitments to seeking new materials, new technology, and innovative engineering techniques.
- General Electric: It’s a name you probably recognize, but did you know they manufacture water heaters too? Their site even helps you to determine what size is best for your home. They offer GE Hybrid Electric Water Heaters, Electric Water Heaters, and Gas Water Heaters.
- AO Smith: Founded in 1874, this company is a leader in residential and commercial water heating equipment, offering a comprehensive product line featuring the best-known brands in North America. They not only carry a multitude of brands, but they have their own brands of gas and propane, electric, tankless, and more!
- American Standard: American Standard manufactures Natural and Propane Gas models with BTU inputs from 76,100 through 512,000 and Electric models with KW inputs of six through 54. This brand has been recognized as the most reliable for homeowners’ unique water heating requirements.
- Rheem: Established in the mid-1920s, Rheem has been manufacturing water heaters since the 1930s and quickly became an industry leader in all things involving water heating. Need a storage-style water heater? Tankless? Solar water heating system? No problem – Rheem has whatever you need.
- Whirlpool: Whirlpool offers a complete line of electric, natural gas, and liquid propane water heaters. In addition, they have a range of sizes to choose from so you’ll get the one that best fits you and your family’s needs.
- Marathon: The idea behind this company has three parts – 1. Build a water heater that has a true lifetime guarantee; 2. Manufacture a highly energy efficient water heater; and 3. Keep it lightweight and easy to connect. Marathon completed this idea in 1987 and it’s now available for your use!
- Takagi: Takagi focuses specifically on tankless water heaters so if you’re thinking of switching over from traditional, this would probably be a good choice. They were the first tankless water heater company to offer tankless products with a thermal efficiency rating of up to 95%. They were also the first tankless water heater company specializing in tankless-only products to enter the North American market.
- Rinnai: Rinnai focuses on tankless water heaters, hybrid tank and tankless, and condensing boilers. Founded in 1920, Rinnai is now one of the world’s largest gas appliance manufacturers. This is another company to seriously consider if you are interested in purchasing a tankless water heating system.
So we ask you again – which one is right for you? If you have decided, call Essig Heating & Cooling today. We can install, repair, and service all water heater brands!