How much do you know about these fancy products we call tankless water heaters?
People typically don’t like change. You have a traditional water heater, you liked it, and you think that sticking with a traditional one is the best option for you. But is it really?
Sometimes, change is good. Switching from a traditional to a tankless has a lot of benefits for you and your family – not only just with efficiency, but cost as well.
Benefits of switching to a tankless water heater
- No flooding: Because there is no tank, there’s nothing that can become ruptured resulting in a leak.
- More hot water: Tankless water heaters allow you to run more appliances at the same time. This means no more waiting to shower while someone else is doing the dishes. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Environmentally friendly: Electric models don’t produce greenhouse gases so you can use as much water as you want while helping the environment.
- Saves money: Tankless systems run on an “as needed basis.” This means that the water only heats when someone needs to use it. Traditional heaters waste energy heating water that you aren’t using. By switching to tankless, you could reduce your costs by 30% each year.
- Saves space: They can be installed on walls, under cabinets, in a closet, or really anywhere that’s convenient for you. You won’t have to designate this huge space in a basement or elsewhere for a water heater tank.
- Longer use: Tankless tends to last five to ten years longer than traditional water heaters.
While tankless water heaters may cost more to initially install, you’ll save much more money in the long run. You’ll probably need less repairs, you’ll have the tankless for longer, and then there’s the 30% cost savings. See? Change IS good!
Call Essig Plumbing & Heating to have your tankless water heater installed today!