If your ducts are 10 years or older, there is a chance they may have developed leaks that might be robbing your heating and cooling systems of efficiency. Air that should be moved into your living areas could instead be going to your attic or other areas, resulting in less comfort and higher cooling bills.
If you have any of the following problems, you should consider possibly having your ducts replaced:
• Your rooms are too hot in the summer or cold in the winter.
• Your home feels clammy in warmer months and too dry in colder months.
• You notice excessive amounts of dust in your home.
• You or your family members suffer from allergies more than normal.
• Your energy bills are regularly too high.
• You notice any sort of musty odors in your home.
It is very important that you have your ductwork checked on a regular basis to determine whether or not you have leaks, or your ducts have deteriorated to the point where they need to be replaced. A professional can check for airflow, cleanliness and proper air pressure and give you recommendations as to whether a repair or replacement is needed.
Call Essig Plumbing and Cooling at (610) 557-3302 to have one of our professionals come to your home and check your ductwork.