Annual maintenance will keep you air conditioner working efficiently for longer
An air conditioner, like any other piece of machinery, will work better and last longer if it is maintained on a regular basis. You shouldn’t go years and years between maintenance checks, just like you shouldn’t drive your car 25,000 miles without getting an oil change.
It’s suggested that you have your air conditioner checked yearly to make sure that it is in proper working order. This is especially important if you have an older model that you want to make sure can get you through another cooling season. When you have a professional check your system, here are some of the checks that you can typically expect the technician to perform:
• Check all lines to make sure there are no leaks.
• Make sure that all electrical connections are secure.
• Check the air filter and clean or replace if necessary.
• Check the registers and ducts to ensure there are no leaks.
• Look at the refrigerant level to make sure it is sufficient.
• Check all components on both the outside and inside units.
Maintaining your air conditioner regularly can provide you with peace of mind knowing you’ll stay comfortable all summer long. Call Essig Plumbing and Cooling at (610) 557-3302 to schedule an appointment.