The popularity of tankless water heaters in recent years means a lot of old and new manufacturers have grown in importance. Some companies have made tankless water heaters for years, while others have only recently started.
Either way, here is a complete list of all the brands of tankless water heaters you have to choose from:
- Rinnai is by and large the best-selling tankless water heater in the U.S. Their gas-fired water heaters feature a commercial heat exchanger and are backed up with a comprehensive warranty.
- Rheem offers gas, electric, and point-of-use tankless water heaters. They have a wide variety of offerings for residential and commercial use, and a U.S.-based customer service team for product questions.
- Noritz provides water heaters that come with a low carbon footprint under the Eco Tough line, and commercial-level durability in the Pro Tough model. Their Value Solutions brand is specifically designed for smaller homes and warmer climates too.
- American Water Heaters manufactures gas-powered tankless water heaters in condensing, indoor, and outdoor models. Many of their heaters are useful for smaller homes and apartments.
- Navien tankless water heaters use stainless steel heat exchangers and are typically gas-fired. They too offer condensing and non-condensing water heaters.
- Girard makes tankless water heaters specifically for use in RVs and campers. Their RV-focused water heaters offer the choice to flip between three temperature settings – hot, normal, and cold – which changes to which temperature the water will heat. Their heaters work on an induced draft, which means a blower fan forces hot air through the heat exchanger.
- Takagi was one of the earliest Japanese entrants to the North American tankless water heating marketplace 15 years ago. They still today offer a full line of gas-fired tankless water heaters.
- Bradford White tankless water heaters are made under the EVERHOT and KWICKSHOT brand names; they offer whole-home and point-of-use systems.
- Ruud has been a leader in water heaters since Edwin Ruud, the creator of tank heaters, founded the company in the late 1800s. Their gas-fired tankless offerings have a digital display and can be installed either indoor or outdoor.
- Eccotemp excels at portable water heaters for the RV or campsite, with a particular strength in outdoor showers. They also offer residential water heaters for outdoors installation.
- EcoSmart / Eemax combines the commercial and residential strength of Eemax with the strong environmental reputation of EcoSmart. The merged companies now offer a complete line of tankless water heaters for most any application.
- Chronomite Labs manufactures point-of-use and mini-tank water heaters for use in commercial and residential settings. Their Instant-Flow water heating system comes highly recommended for industrial use.
- Bosch is a pioneer in the gas-fired tankless water heater space; they’ve also developed some of the best indoor and outdoor water heating systems as a result of this innovation.
- Stiebel Eltron tankless heaters are designed to be user friendly, safe, and efficient. They also happen to be some of the best single-point, multi-point, and whole-home water heating systems.
- EZ Tankless water heaters are known most for their natural gas and propane water heaters. Key brands include EZ Deluxe and EZ Supreme, with portable heaters like the EZ 101 and EZ 202.
- Marey makes gas and electric tankless water heaters; their liquid propane tankless heaters come highly recommended.
- Atwood on-demand water heaters are designed for use in RVs and campers; they offer point-of-use functionality in a compact fashion.
- Drakken water heaters sold under the ADK iHEAT name are 99% efficient, more than 30% better than the most efficient storage tank water heaters.
- A. O. Smith tankless water heaters are sold in both outdoor and indoor designs, with a maximum flow rate of up to 14.5 gallons per minute – more than enough for all but the heaviest of users.
- Eternal hybrid water heaters are designed to replace traditional storage tank water heaters with a maximum flow rate of 296 gallons per hour in the GU195S for residential and commercial applications alike.
- Seisco offers a complete line of tankless water heaters for home use; the company was in 2014 chosen as the water heater of choice for HUD’s PATH concept house.
- Hubbell electric tankless water heaters are highly reliable in commercial and residential applications, with the HX/TX showing particular strength in industrial applications.
- Niagara Industries sells the TITAN Electronic Tankless Water Heater, which the company bills as the first whole-home electronic tankless water heater.
- Chofu makes tankless water heaters for residential use and wood-fired heaters for hot tubs. They also make water heaters for outdoor and indoor use.
- Keltech tankless water heaters require just water and electrical hook-ups to get you on-demand hot water. They also operate efficiently at installation and can immediately save you money.
- Paloma Industries allows for users to change water temperature at the point of use, even in their whole-home systems, through a simple touchpad.
Tankless Water Heater Installation in Reading, PA
Tankless hot water heaters should only be installed by a qualified plumber. If you're considering purchasing a new tankless water heater in Reading, PA, be sure to call Essig Plumbing & Heating for quality service at an affordable price.
Our experienced technicians handle all types of water heaters and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We can discuss the benefits of different tankless water heater manufacturers and the pros and cons of various makes and models.