If your old water heater needs replacing, then maybe you’re considering installing a tankless water heater in Reading. If this is the case, read on to find out what Paul W. Essig, your trusted plumber in Reading for almost 80 years, advises.
Why Choose a Tankless Water Heater?
If you’re used to having a storage tank water heater, then the prospect of switching to a tankless appliance might be a bit intimidating. After all, you want to make sure that your new appliance meets two requirements:
- You get a consistent stream of hot water whenever you need it and for as long as you need it.
- It’s energy-efficient, so it’s less of a strain on the environment and your bank account.
So the question is, does a tankless water heater deliver?
The answer is a resounding yes! In fact, a tankless, or on-demand, water heater actually performs better than a conventional storage tank appliance on both counts. Here’s why:
- A tankless unit actually heats the water right before it’s delivered to the point of use. That means you don’t have to worry about running out of hot water—ever!
- Because a tankless heater heats on-demand, it doesn’t store a tankful of hot water. That means it doesn’t need to use energy to keep water heated, which results in a far more energy-efficient device.
Other Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
There are more benefits to an on-demand water heater, too:
- They’re more compact than storage tank water heaters, which means they’re easier to accommodate in the home.
- They have a longer life; in fact, they last approximately seven years longer than conventional devices.
The only real drawback is that a tankless model has a higher sticker price than a storage tank appliance. However, since it lasts longer, you’ll have seven years more to recuperate your investment.
If you’re interested in installing a tankless water heater in your Reading home, call PW Essig! Our highly experienced water heater experts are on standby to provide you with top-notch, affordable water heater installation and maintenance!