One of the most important things you need to think about this fall is duct cleaning in Boyertown and while you may consider the help of a professional service, you may also want clean ducts with your own hands. No matter what you prefer, there’s no denying that your ducts need to be cleaned to ensure better air quality and heating this fall. Homes without duct cleaning in Boyertown can see a heightened risk of health problems due to a growth of mold, dust, debris, and allergens in your ducts.
PW Essig is here to provide you with duct cleaning in Boyertown this fall to keep you comfortable with highly effective heating and better indoor air quality. We want you to enjoy the fall season as much as possible, and part of that is making sure that your ducts are spotless and free of any harmful pollutants. We’re also ready to give out any advice to make your home happy and healthy this fall!
5 Tips for Duct Cleaning in Boyertown
If you’re one of those free spirits who likes to take charge with the cleanliness, here are 5 duct cleaning tips to ensure your safety and a job well done:
- Know When the Time is Right: A big part of duct cleaning is knowing when the time is right. You should have your ducts cleaned when there’s visible mold growth inside your heating and cleaning system; if the ducts have a rodent or insect infestation or if the ducts are clogged with significant amounts of dust or debris. Other signs that it’s time for duct cleaning include inefficient heating and cooling as well as rising costs of energy bills.
- Wear Protective Clothing: Wear protective clothing that covers your arms and legs completely. Also wear rubber gloves, safety glasses to protect your eyes and a disposable facemask to prevent you from inhaling hazardous particles.
- Clean the Walls: After removing and cleaning the grille, carefully wipe down the walls with a rag soaked in the cleaning solution. Never use your vacuum to clean the walls, as the suction might be too strong and damage them.
- Vacuum Inside the Duct: If you’re looking to clean ducts, your household appliances can come in handy, such as your vacuum. Carefully insert the hose of your vacuum inside the duct and clean it, being careful not to touch the walls. This should remove most of the debris.
- Empty Debris in an Airtight Bag: Because the debris you just removed from the duct might have mold particles in it, you should remove it from your vacuum cleaner right away and dispose of it properly.
Contact PW Essig today if you want duct cleaning in Boyertown from a professional service or if want to learn more tips on how to clean them yourself!