Are you looking to enhance your enjoyment of your home while simultaneously adding to its value? Bathroom remodeling in Boyertown might be just what you need.
The Value of Bathroom Remodeling in Boyertown
Think about it: a bathroom with outdated colors and fixtures can be a recurring downer—especially if the rest of your home is decorated and furnished exactly the way you want. It can quickly become an annoying eyesore you want fixed yesterday. At the same time, if your bathroom furniture is damaged or broken, then replacing it is simply the responsible things to do.
What to Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling in Boyertown
However, it’s important to realize that simply deciding to remodel your bathroom is just the beginning. There are a number of considerations to keep in mind in order to make sure your investment pays off:
- What is the purpose of remodeling? Are you just tired of the dark green and brown tiles that look like something out of The 70s Show? Is the furniture and plumbing worn and damaged? Or do you need to make the bathroom more accessible now you’re getting older and aren’t as mobile anymore? Keep the main purposes in mind, and plan the remodeling accordingly.
- What is my budget? It’s super important to set a fixed budget. This will ensure you don’t overspend and leave yourself financially exposed.
- How will it increase the value of my home? Most people aren’t aware that the first person they should consult when remodeling is a local realtor. He or she will be able to inform you what potential buyers are looking for in a bathroom and how much value it would add to your home. For example, if you live in a middle class neighborhood and you upgrade your bathroom to include an expensive, luxurious sauna, it might not necessarily yield the ROI you want in terms of home value. The reason for this is that most people looking to buy in your neighborhood have a price range in mind—and can’t afford to spend the extra thousands you’d be asking if you take the value of the new sauna into account when determining the asking price.
- Which contractor should I use? Obviously, you want a contractor with a good track record, who’s also affordable. Make sure you choose a contractor who’s fully licensed and insured, and who offers warranties on labor and parts.
- When should I schedule the remodeling? Bathroom remodeling is noisy and messy. Make sure to schedule it during a time that’s convenient for you and your family.
Remember: For top-notch bathroom remodeling in Boyertown, call PW Essig right away!