Often times in home service, you hear so much noise about pipe leaks. Understandably so, given that pipe leaks can cost plenty of money repair and water bills. But while pipe leaks are a year-round problem, this summer will pose an additional question: what about air conditioning leaks in Boyertown, PA? Now that it’s officially summer, you’re most likely relying on your air conditioning to keep you cool, but leaks are a common problem that leave some homeowners puzzled. Leaks can be due to a number of things, including clogged condensate drains, installation issues, frozen evaporator coils, and more.
As part of our repair service, P.W. Essig can fix any air conditioning leaks in Boyertown, PA in a hurry. Our technicians can closely inspect your air conditioning to determine the source of the leak and make durable repairs that can keep your system leak-free. Like any of our repairs, our work on fixing air conditioning leaks is long-lasting, ensuring leaks are the furthest thing from your mind when you turn on your air conditioning to keep you cool.
Air Conditioning Leaks in Boyertown, PA: What Can You Do?
If you want to do your share in prevent air conditioning leaks from giving you trouble this summer, you can take the following steps:
- The most common cause of air conditioning leaks is a clogged condensate line. Check it regularly, as it can often become blocked due to dirt, debris, and algae.
- Change air conditioning filters regularly. A dirty, clogged filter can result in ice forming on the unit’s evaporator coils and when those begin to melt, moisture will being leaking from the system.
- If you suspect your air conditioning leak is due to leaking refrigerant, check the refrigerant level in the system to determine if this is indeed the cause of the problem. Do not handle refrigerant on your own, as it can be hazardous.
- Add a safety pan under your air conditioning system. In the event that your air conditioning’s drain pan overflows, the safety pan will able to catch it and keep it from landing on the floor.
- Schedule annual air conditioning maintenance from a professional. A professional will be able to give your air conditioning an inspection and stops leaks in their early stages.
Contact P.W. Essig today if you are experiencing air conditioning leaks in Boyertown, PA and we will be happy to help you!