An HVAC tune-up should atop your to-do list now that we’ve changed over from winter to spring. It is time to start thinking about spring cleaning. Most folks think about spring cleaning as a time to get rid of useless stuff you’ve been accumulating over the winter, a time to brush away the cob webs, and to finally get rid of the dust bunnies hibernating under the couch. However, it’s also time to start thinking about some other chores that are a crucial part of your spring cleaning routine, including taking care of your HVAC systems. Since we haven’t quite reached the stage we you’ll be relying on a cooling system every day, you’ll probably need to make sure both your heating and cooling are ready to go. A lack of maintenance can result in quite a few consequences. Not only will you be sacrificing home comfort, but you’ll also risk spending more money on HVAC repair or, in more severe cases, replacement. Worse, a faulty HVAC system may eventually jeopardize home safety. A small flicker from your heating or cooling system may even be enough to start a residential fire. Before the situation grows completely out of hand, it’s time to take action and get an HVAC tune-up ensuring long-term relaxation.
How Can P.W. Essig Help You?
P.W. Essig should be your number-one destination for an HVAC tune-up this spring. Our team of service technicians will guarantee your heating and cooling needs are met down to the last detail. We make sure every area of your HVAC system is up to date and working properly so you’ll receive the highest level of comfort during last few cold days of the season and when the weather begins to heat up. It is highly recommended you call us for a professional tune-up on your HVAC systems annually so you’ll be kept comfortable for the next 12 months ahead. Even just one tune-up can extend system lifespan by years, meaning you won’t have to worry about system replacement for years. Following a scheduled maintenance routine will not only save you tons of money on utility bills, it will give you peace of mind knowing that your HVAC system will work properly and efficiently when you need it most. We’ll help make life in your home easier, and the best part? We’re only one quick phone call away!
8-Point HVAC Tune-Up Checklist
Not familiar with what a preventative maintenance visit for your HVAC unit entails? Here are the services performed and a little insight as to the importance of the task at hand:
- Air Filter Changes: Changing the air filter during the spring will help your unit run more efficiently and will keep down dust and allergens in your home. A dirty, blocked filter can hurt system efficiency to the point where it will shorten the lifespan of your system, so filter changes need to occur regularly.
- Clean the Interior: The rooms of your home won’t be the only paces in need of cleaning this season. Cleaning and lubricating indoor HVAC components such as blower fans and coils will ensure the unit is working efficiently and keeps the cost of your utility bills low.
- Tighten Electrical Connections: Any electrical connections will need to be checked and tested to ensure they are working normally. Tightening electrical connections as well as inspect the fan blades and motor will let a technician know where repairs will need to be made.
- Check Refrigerant Levels: Checking AC’s refrigerant levels to ensure your AC is blowing cold air. If the technician notices the level is low, this could indicate a possible leak in the system and will need to be fixed immediately.
- Check Drainage Hole: Most air conditioners have a drainage hole on the base of the AC cabinet. This hole needs to be kept clear so that the air conditioner works properly. The technician will remove any obstructions during the inspection as he flushes and treats the condensate drain.
- Calibrate the Thermostat: Testing and calibrating the thermostat thermostat for proper operation will ensure your home is providing you with heating and cooling set exactly at your unique specifications.
- Clean the Outdoor Unit: The outdoor unit will also need to be cleaned out to remove any dirt or debris that might have gathered during the winter months and ensure the unit is ready for the next few months ahead, especially with spring showers headed our way.
- Test Run Systems: One the last, but most crucial, step is to check the operation of all HVAC units (heating, cooling) to make sure everything is in peak running condition for the upcoming season. A test run will reveal if there are any issues remaining to be fixed.
Contact P.W. Essig today at (610) 557-3302 if you would like to ensure your heating and cooling needs are met with our incredibly beneficial HVAC tune-up!