An HVAC tune-up should be at the very top of your to-do list whenever the seasons start to change. Whether you're working on your furnace or your air conditioner, follow these steps to ensure that your home is ready for the temperature changes:
- Air Filter Changes: Changing the air filter during the spring will help your unit run more efficiently and will keep down dust and allergens in your home. A dirty, blocked filter can hurt system efficiency to the point where it will shorten the lifespan of your system, so filter changes need to occur regularly.
- Clean the Interior: The rooms of your home won’t be the only places in need of cleaning this season. Cleaning and lubricating indoor HVAC components such as blower fans and coils will ensure the unit is working efficiently and keeps the cost of your utility bills low.
- Tighten Electrical Connections: Any electrical connections will need to be checked and tested to ensure they are working normally. Tightening electrical connections as well as inspect the fan blades and motor will let a technician know where repairs will need to be made.
- Check Refrigerant Levels: Checking AC’s refrigerant levels to ensure your AC is blowing cold air. If the technician notices the level is low, this could indicate a possible leak in the system and will need to be fixed immediately.
- Check Drainage Hole: Most air conditioners have a drainage hole on the base of the AC cabinet. This hole needs to be kept clear so that the air conditioner works properly. The technician will remove any obstructions during the inspection as he flushes and treats the condensate drain.
- Calibrate the Thermostat: Testing and calibrating the thermostat for proper operation will ensure your home is providing you with heating and cooling set exactly at your unique specifications.
- Clean the Outdoor Unit: The outdoor unit will also need to be cleaned out to remove any dirt or debris that might have gathered during the winter months and ensure the unit is ready for the next few months ahead, especially with spring showers headed our way.
- Test Run Systems: The last, but most crucial, step is to check the operation of all HVAC units (heating, cooling) to make sure everything is in peak running condition for the upcoming season. A test run will reveal if there are any issues remaining to be fixed.
How Can P.W. Essig Help You?
P.W. Essig should be your number-one destination for an HVAC tune-up this spring. Our team of service technicians will guarantee your heating and cooling needs are met down to the last detail. We make sure every area of your HVAC system is up to date and working properly so you’ll receive the highest level of comfort during last few cold days of the season and when the weather begins to heat up. It is highly recommended you call us for a professional tune-up on your HVAC systems annually so you’ll be kept comfortable for the next 12 months ahead. Even just one tune-up can extend system lifespan by years, meaning you won’t have to worry about system replacement for years. Following a scheduled maintenance routine will not only save you tons of money on utility bills, it will give you peace of mind knowing that your HVAC system will work properly and efficiently when you need it most. We’ll help make life in your home easier, and the best part? We’re only one quick phone call away!
Contact P.W. Essig today at (610) 557-3302 if you would like to ensure your heating and cooling needs are met with our incredibly beneficial HVAC tune-up!