Reading Furnace Repair & Installation
Keeping You & Your Family Comfortably Warm
Don't wait until the cold winter months to fix your furnace. Allow our team of technicians at Essig Plumbing & Heating to get your furnace ready for the chilly months ahead. With a properly functioning furnace, you and your family will be able to enjoy the comfort of your own home as the temperature drops.
Some of the most common types of furnace problems include:
- Normal wear and tear
- Issues with electrical ignition or pilot control
- Thermostat malfunctioning
- No heat is detected
- Heat is detected but at a low temperature
- The blower does not stop running
- The furnace is unusually noisy
Servicing Existing Furnaces & Installing New Systems
When you call our team for furnace repair in Reading, PA, our heating technicians will run a thorough diagnostic to find any problematic areas. If repairs are possible, we will provide you with a quote and timeline. However, if your system is in need of a replacement, our team will gladly make recommendations based on your needs and those of your home. We understand how important it is for you to get the heat back on in your home, which is why our team works as quickly as possible to get the problem fixed.
WHEN IS IT TIME FOR A FURNACE REPLACEMENT?
Like all household appliances, furnaces are not meant to last forever and will of course need replacing at one point or another, but how are you supposed to know when that point is? That’s what our experts here at Essig are here to help with.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you’ll know it’s time to bid adieu to your trusted furnace.
- Do you hear noises such as rattles, buzzes, or hums coming from your unit?
- Is your furnace older than 15 years? Today’s models will typically last 20-30 years, but we sadly can’t say the same for older units. If yours is older than 15 years, you may not get many more good winters out of it.
- Do you notice that some rooms in your house are getting heated while others are not?
- Do you see a yellow flame? Your furnace’s flame should be blue, not yellow. Blue flames indicate that its burning as pure as possible, while a yellow one means that the burner is not mixing air and gas because it’s dirty. You could try having the system cleaned to see if that helps, but if the problem persists you’ll need a replacement.
- Have you seen visible signs of rust in and around your furnace? How about any cracks or corrosion?
- Are your energy bills going up even though your heat usage is staying the same? Older furnaces run longer and harder to produce the same amount of heat. This unfortunately means you end up paying more in energy bills.
- Is your home starting to have humidity problems?
- Does your furnace need frequent repairs? Repairs add up – quick! It will actually be more cost efficient for you to just replace the entire unit instead of constantly dishing out money in repairs.
- Is your furnace cycling on and off more frequently than ever before?
- Do you notice more dust around your home? Aged furnaces can’t moisturize and clean the air in your home so if you see more dust than usual, drooping plants, or cracked furniture, replacement is needed.
For an estimate on Reading furnace repair, maintenance, or installation, give us a call at (610) 557-3302.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Involved in Our Community
Upfront & Flat Rate Pricing
On-Call 7 Days a Week
Same-Day Service Available
Serving You Since 1938