Indoor Air Quality in Reading, PA
Experience Cleaner, Fresher Indoor Air
Do you feel your allergies acting up whenever you’re at home? The problem might be with the quality of your indoor air. According to the EPA, indoor air is actually up to five times more polluted than outdoor air, and as more and more people spend their time indoors, we are more exposed than ever to harmful contaminants and chemicals. Fortunately, there are several ways to improve indoor air. Essig Plumbing & Heating is proud to offer trusted and proven solutions to keep your indoor air fresh, clean, and healthy.
Below are some of the factors we address with our indoor air quality solutions in Reading:
- Dust, dirt, and other particulates in the air
- Presence of microbes such as mold and fungi
- Chemicals in the air
- Proper ventilation
- Humidity level
Our professional team will conduct an indoor air quality test in your home to determine which factor we need to target and recommend the right solution based on actual findings.
Say goodbye to allergy symptoms with Essig’s indoor air quality solutions. Call us now to get started at (610) 557-3302.
Negative Effects of Poor Indoor Air Quality
From smoke, pollens, and pet dander to molds and chemicals like radon, lead, and asbestos—these are the pollutants that may be present in your indoor air right now. Allergy symptoms are not the only negative effects poor indoor air quality can cause.
When not addressed early, poor indoor air quality can put you at risk for the following:
- Severe eye irritation
- Lung disease
- Frequent headaches or dizziness
- Lethargy and fatigue
- Hearing loss
Tips to Improve Your Home's Indoor Air Quality
Keeping your home's air quality as high as possible is vital for you and your family's health. Here are some of the best ways to stay on top of it and keep your home safe and healthy for everyone:
- Increase Your Air Ventilation: If the inside air has nowhere to escape, it can become up to ten times more polluted than the air outdoors. Proper ventilation is critical to the comfort level in your home. There needs to be a balance between indoor and outdoor air. Systems that focus on common spaces within your home are the best at directly combating indoor air quality in areas that affect your allergy symptoms the most. Ventilation systems condition your air and require simple maintenance, making them an excellent option to increase your health inside your home.
- Install a UV Purification System: UV air purifiers don’t just filter your indoor air—they actually sanitize it so you can breathe easier knowing your home is clean and healthy. These systems remove up to 99.9% of airborne bacteria and other organisms, such as mold, mildew, viruses, and fungi, from an indoor space through the use of state-of-the-art ultraviolet light technology. A UV purification system can help directly reduce the number of allergens and pollutants inside your home.
- Change Your HVAC Filters: If your home has a forced-air heating system, (any HVAC system that delivers temperature-controlled air into your home through ducts and vents,) make sure to change the filters frequently. Electrostatic filters are the best at ensuring dust and other airborne irritants get trapped inside the filter rather than being recirculated throughout your home.
- Vacuum Once or Twice a Week: A clean home is a healthy home, and vacuuming your home often will help keep outdoor allergens and indoor allergens such as pet dander low. It is also important to look for a vacuum that is allergy and asthma certified. These appliances can help ensure that your home is clean and that the pollutants are eliminated.
Do You Need an Indoor Air Quality Test? Call Us!
Schedule your indoor air quality test in Reading today so you and your family can breathe easy. We have a get it done today mentality so you can be sure that we can resolve the problems with your indoor air quality in a timely manner.
Call (610) 557-3302 now and request a free quote. Our professional team at Essig is available 6 days a week for any HVAC needs!
$250 Off New HVAC Install Some conditions may apply, cannot be combined with other offers.Valid from Jan 1, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022
$250 Off New A/C Install or New Furnace Install** Some conditions may apply, cannot be combined with other offers. **Valid on new A/C install October-February and new furnace installs March-September.Valid from Jan 1, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022
$250 Off Tankless Water Heater Install Some conditions may apply, cannot be combined with other offers.Valid from Jan 1, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022
$250 Off Whole Home Water Filtration System Install Some conditions may apply, cannot be combined with other offers.Valid from Jan 1, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Involved in Our Community
Upfront & Flat-Rate Pricing
Available 6 Days a Week
Serving You Since 1938